Anything

Moderators: Community Members, Class Leader, WoW Player

Kidders
Ryu
Ryu

Free gifts idea.

Postby Kidders » Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:49:22

Before you come out with "Scam!" etc, just let me put this across:

You know the old 'Free I-pods' referral websites. Well this video kind of caught my eye about the possibility of using our community to complete these referral offers and help each other receive free gifts from these websites:

This website (the one being assessed in the video) has many gifts eligible for referrance.

I took a quick look through the Terms and Conditions section of the 'Freebie Jeebies' website and one of the rules states as follows:

Conditions wrote:Sending your referral link to others in an unsolicited or excessive manner or posting your referral link in newsgroups or online forums where it is forbidden.

The referral part of the website consists of people having to sign up for things - that part of the website has a 'free offers' tab. i.e. we could all sign up for a free trial at lovefilm and rent some free movies :P

So I'm guessing the links are tracked back through to where they we're clicked. To find a way round it (i.e. pass links on xfire/teamspeak) would be interesting.

Thoughts? I wouldn't mind an IPhone or something like that :P
Craig.

Razerslash
Daniel LaRusso
Daniel LaRusso

Re: Free gifts idea.

Postby Razerslash » Sun Jul 19, 2009 13:14:15

My guess is that it works but you will be bombed with advertisement to your email and home until the end of time.
『new world』: well hes gone now..
Razerslash: thats because i kicked him
『new world』: you killed him
Razerslash: kicked
『new world』: banned?
Razerslash: kicked!

Kidders
Ryu
Ryu

Postby Kidders » Sun Jul 19, 2009 13:19:56

Razerslash wrote:My guess is that it works but you will be bombed with advertisement to your email and home until the end of time.

In exchange for something like a PS3 or I-pod, I wouldn't mind.
Craig.

Talho
Ryu
Ryu

Postby Talho » Sun Jul 19, 2009 13:23:00

Razerslash wrote:My guess is that it works but you will be bombed with advertisement to your email and home until the end of time.

who uses his main email anyway for this sort of things ^^ ?
always have a second email like gmail or hotmail

but i dunno :/ its probably easy to beat that referral system with some proxies, might try it out later lol
Love is that which enables choice. Love is always stronger than fear. Always choose on the basis of love

Kidders
Ryu
Ryu

Postby Kidders » Sun Jul 19, 2009 13:33:41

Talho wrote:

who uses his main email anyway for this sort of things ^^ ?
always have a second email like gmail or hotmail

but i dunno :/ its probably easy to beat that referral system with some proxies, might try it out later lol

I'd Imagine that they'd know if you we're using a proxy... you should have a wee glance at the terms and conditions to see if they do.
Craig.

Razerslash
Daniel LaRusso
Daniel LaRusso

Postby Razerslash » Sun Jul 19, 2009 13:51:35

I've checked the terms, I am willing to give it a try I could do with an ipod since mine has been robbed =(
『new world』: well hes gone now..
Razerslash: thats because i kicked him
『new world』: you killed him
Razerslash: kicked
『new world』: banned?
Razerslash: kicked!

Return to General Chat