New PC, recommendations

Anything

Moderators: Community Members, Class Leader, WoW Player

Rza
Jason Statham
Jason Statham

Re: New PC, recommendations

Postby Rza » Mon Jan 26, 2009 21:16:39

My old work I used to get all items VAT free, How I wish i was still working there! Cheers random, seems pretty decent, just means i have to go to the effort of building the dam thing which i'd rather not!

A life, Jimmy. You know what that is? It’s the shit that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come.

RandomTask
Jason Statham
Jason Statham

Postby RandomTask » Mon Jan 26, 2009 21:48:37

VAT free? You'd be buying a new pc for me too in that case XD

And it doesn't take a great deal of effort to build a pc tbh, maybe three hours at the most, then another hour to get windows/majority of software installed. Easily worth it imo.

Rza
Jason Statham
Jason Statham

Postby Rza » Mon Jan 26, 2009 22:36:51

yeah the one am currently using I built, It wasent the most pleasant experience, as i had faulty ram at the time and my dvd drive wouldnt read the XP install disc, so ended up having to download a dodgy copy off the the net and use the cd key i got with the oem version i got for free from my old work - and yeah i used to love working there for the discounts we got, it was a web/graphic design company but the also sold computers, laptops etc, done all their dealings from ebuyer so got massive discounts plus they could get all stock VAT FREE and just claim it back at the end of the year, so anything i bought basically from them they let me have it VAT free which was awesome at the time i spent around £700 for my pc that otherwise would have cost me over £1000.

I worked part time their when i was at uni doing graphic design for their websites, flyers etc, then ended up working fulltime over the summer hols. When i had to go back to uni in september they wanted me to stay on fulltime, which I obviously couldn't so they hired someone else and eventually my part time job went to no job as their was nothing for me to do as the other guy the recruited was doing it all for them.

As far as am aware now their no longer in Business, so all was not lost I guess

A life, Jimmy. You know what that is? It’s the shit that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come.

Kidders
Ryu
Ryu

Postby Kidders » Mon Jan 26, 2009 23:00:56

i bet you put them out of business because they never gave you a job. and broke the other guy's legs for stealing your job.
Craig.

bob
Ryu
Ryu

Postby bob » Mon Jan 26, 2009 23:09:24

RandomTask wrote:And it doesn't take a great deal of effort to build a pc tbh, maybe three hours at the most, then another hour to get windows/majority of software installed. Easily worth it imo.

You building the PC with boxing gloves on Random?

I can build a pc from scratch in bout 25 - 30 mins

I did do it full time as a job for bout 9 years an in my spare time for 15 years plus

RandomTask
Jason Statham
Jason Statham

Postby RandomTask » Mon Jan 26, 2009 23:12:50

bob wrote:
RandomTask wrote:And it doesn't take a great deal of effort to build a pc tbh, maybe three hours at the most, then another hour to get windows/majority of software installed. Easily worth it imo.

You building the PC with boxing gloves on Random?

I can build a pc from scratch in bout 25 - 30 mins

I did do it full time as a job for bout 9 years an in my spare time for 15 years plus

As can I but I allowed more time for rza since it would only be his 2nd one ^^

Rza
Jason Statham
Jason Statham

Postby Rza » Mon Jan 26, 2009 23:44:04

Yeah 3 hours is pushing it for me tbh.

Anyone else got any recommendations though?

B00rz
Jean-Claude Van Damme
Jean-Claude Van Damme

Postby B00rz » Tue Jan 27, 2009 00:26:44

use the force ?

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews]

RandomTask
Jason Statham
Jason Statham

Postby RandomTask » Tue Jan 27, 2009 00:52:15

Woops razer pointed out I said a Core i7 940 in my post, I meant a 920.

Razerslash
Daniel LaRusso
Daniel LaRusso

Postby Razerslash » Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:31:53

I am sure the PC random put together is future proof for a long time. You may as well spend the best you can otherwise you be spending more by upgrading every short term.

Although you could just get a Intel quad core with DDR 3 motherboard + RAM and it will work out about 200 pound cheaper as new technology is always a bit pricey.
『new world』: well hes gone now..
Razerslash: thats because i kicked him
『new world』: you killed him
Razerslash: kicked
『new world』: banned?
Razerslash: kicked!

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat