Demos by you guys

Anything

Moderators: Community Members, Class Leader, WoW Player

Rza
Jason Statham
Jason Statham

Re: Demos by you guys

Postby Rza » Thu Feb 05, 2009 00:18:07

It just records the point of view of all players ingame. Its primary use and what it was built for was mainly used as a platform for spectators to watch CS matches live. Theirs a lot more to counterstrike than just surf maps believe or not, people are paid to play it professionally and theirs global 1.6 and CSS tournaments all over the world for crazy amounts of money, that teams practice and attend.

In leagues your required to a record demo's so if they're is any misdoing going on its there for league admins to view. i.e Cheating/hacking.

Also used by clans to review how well they played etc.

A life, Jimmy. You know what that is? It’s the shit that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come.

Rza
Jason Statham
Jason Statham

Postby Rza » Thu Feb 05, 2009 02:27:05

Okay i've found a few demo's yous might get some use out of, and rather than just give you a pile of them ill give you them one by one and try explain what we're doing in a few of them. This one is against a mate of mine going back, its an ED official and its quite an evenly matched official against a team around our skill level - We win in the end 16-8 or 19-11 overall:

Team: Rza, Portal, Boorz, Linkay, King

for those of you not fimilar with demo's and you'd like to have a watch of some of us play CSS competitvely back in the day, all you need to do is download the file, go into your CSS directory file and place the demo file in the cstrike folder and open up CSS, open the console and type:

Playdemo D7vsse_Nuke

File:
http://files.filefront.com/D7vse+NUKEdem/;13203698;/fileinfo.html

Overview

CT: on CT we used to play 3 Upper with normally me floating in ladder room, so if Boorz gets rushed in ramp room i can quickly rotate out. 1 on the ground and one in the rafters. Depending on the team, if they like to push outside I'll switch too the outside when i get my hands on an awp to get some picks. (if you watch some of the latter CT rounds I hit some rather sweet shots from garage). As mentioned Boorz normally plays Ramp room himself. Upon entering Upper site Hut should always be flashed and naded to avoid fast pushes from T side, also you'll find if we get calls on outside, I'll push through radio room, and out towards T spawn for flanks.

T: Our strats worked very nicely in this match which is a CT biased map. We did a lot of patient plays with covering spots and then splitting main entrance and squeaky door. If you watch we time that when the ppl rushing in the main entrance to upper site the 2 in the holding room will then push into upper site behind to kill the people focused on the ppl in main entrance.

As they didnt have a lot of coverage outside, they started playing defensively as we were getting a lot of awp picks on the player in garage, so this allowed us to play our yellow tanker tactic where 3 ppl rush round the back and flank ramp room from the CT side while at the same time 2 ppl will rush ramp room from the T side, so you have all 5 converging on ramp at the same time! works very nicely. Couple of nice fakes aswell with 2 camping outside with bomb. 3 rush radio room into ramp then fall back at all 5 rush into upper. We also did the famous old eco vent rush which i almost clutched a 4vs1, bomb plants = cash and ultimately it was the changing point as we got to buy on 3rd round and won forcing CT's to lose momenteum and us picking up the 6 rounds we needed to win.

I'll look out a train demo next.

A life, Jimmy. You know what that is? It’s the shit that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come.

snake_the_boss
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle

Postby snake_the_boss » Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:08:47

wow thats exacly what we need. gonna dw the demo and watch it carefully while reading all your instructions. thanks a lot ;)

B00rz
Jean-Claude Van Damme
Jean-Claude Van Damme

Postby B00rz » Thu Feb 05, 2009 14:29:04

bah i hated playing down on that ramp by myself, i could never get into a good position, i did so crap on that demo too, only watched about 5-6 rounds then went to bed last night.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews]

Linky

Postby Linky » Thu Feb 05, 2009 18:14:22

jesus christ, after watching that demo i feel totally ashamed, i stopped after like 6rounds as my aim is god awful - quite depressing really. But its got me in the mood for some css so i think we should get back on form and tbh like i was saying to craig we could shit all over ED now a days, funniest thing about the demo apart from our aim is
*DEAD* e* Marc to the z0r tbh!! =D : were gunna get raped!!!!!!! after 3rounds :D

Rza
Jason Statham
Jason Statham

Postby Rza » Thu Feb 05, 2009 18:21:36

Well tbh it would be the other about they'd shit allover us. That ukesa thing is out soon and Id put money on it that loads of teams have been practicing there arses off for it. Irritating thing about Css you can't really just dip in and out of it if you want to be good as it does take a lot of skill to be successful at it

Linky

Postby Linky » Thu Feb 05, 2009 18:32:59

but tbh we had that when we were on form, and im much better then i was back then, pratice makes perfect :) we wont get anywhere sitting round on this dusty forum talking bout the gold ole days, lets get playing :)

RandomTask
Jason Statham
Jason Statham

Postby RandomTask » Thu Feb 05, 2009 18:53:12

/me is up for matches anyday tbh

Kidders
Ryu
Ryu

Postby Kidders » Thu Feb 05, 2009 19:43:38

RandomTask wrote:/me is up for matches anyday tbh

what he said

off topic, did you make that sig random? :P
Craig.

snake_the_boss

Postby snake_the_boss » Thu Feb 05, 2009 20:07:06

i agree with rza, this game takes a lot of efford to play, and it can be very frustrating most of the time, specially when u get back on it after an inactive perioud. but after a while things start to flow.. dont forget all ae members are just awsome, so even if u play crap in the begining, they would still cheer u up :P but tbh, in the end, css is a lot of fun. the best moments of online gaming that i ever had, were all on our ts while playing css.

tbh it takes a maximum of 1 month to get back into shape, i am sure about it.
btw we are more than happy to practice with u guys on our private server, (tatics matches etc). in the mean time we are trying to create a good class on our public server in order to have some good practice on it before going to a match or whatever. so yous are wellcome to join (no intro sound and good graphics dont worry rza :P, and a new quake sounds.)

thanks for the demo again, i am looking forward to watch the train one ;)

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat