Graphic card switch

Been banned or need help, server down? - post here

Zen
Daniel LaRusso
Daniel LaRusso

Graphic card switch

Postby Zen » Thu Mar 01, 2012 19:17:15

Just if anyone can find something about the topic couse i dont, only find reviews about specs etc for the whole computer.
I wanna know if its possible to switch the graphic card in a packard bell Easynote TS11HR.

I dont wanna demolish the whole thing or anything just a simple swap between them, current one i think is the Intel HD graphics 3000, comp spec on my papers only says integrated card so had to find it on the web and im not 100% sure. But if you find anything that says its possible to swap i would be greatfull :D
“I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who had practiced one kick 10,000 times.”

Dimon
Jean-Claude Van Damme
Jean-Claude Van Damme

Re: Graphic card switch

Postby Dimon » Thu Mar 01, 2012 19:39:07

Laptops are usually thermally designed to not overheat with the parts that are inside. I highly doubt there's any room to replace it with a better GPU. And even if it is room. There may not be enough airflow to keep it running for more then 1 minute of gaming. :p
Either get a new laptop or get a proper desktop PC. Most likely any replacement that will fit inside your laptop is already on par with the one that's already there and not worth the investment.

King
Jean-Claude Van Damme
Jean-Claude Van Damme

Postby King » Thu Mar 01, 2012 19:41:21

Chances are the motherboard won't have a slot for separate graphics card then. Wouldn't know for certain, but if it uses integrated, there isn't usually any point in allowing a separate one to be used.

There are ofc laptops that have both now, but that's cause sandy bridge.
Teamafx.net Server Administrator

f1xxx3r
Ryu
Ryu

Postby f1xxx3r » Thu Mar 01, 2012 19:57:19

AFAIK you can't really switch around the gpu or cpu on laptops except maybe barebone ones.
So you buy a desktop or a "gaming" notebook.
Ii've bought myself a http://www.asus.com/Notebooks/Gaming_Powerhouse/G74SX/ for around 1100EUR here. Alienware with same specs costs 2400+ so that notebook is a pretty good deal.
Runs really cool(gpu/cpu cooler than my desktop's :P), has 2 hdd bays and 4 ram slots with easy access to them. Runs everything including BF3.
Cons is that it's a bit on the heavy/large side.

So!.... T'all you fine dandies so proud, so cock-sure, prancin' aboot with your heads full of eyeballs! Come and get me I say! I'll be waiting on ya with a whiff of the 'ol brimstone. I'm a grim bloody fable, with an unhappy bloody end!

Zen
Daniel LaRusso
Daniel LaRusso

Postby Zen » Thu Mar 01, 2012 20:22:17

maybe its time to start looking for parts to build a new desktop one then. sold the old one like 2 months ago xD but can prolly get something better now anyways, ideas are welcome, max price arround 15000 SEK with monitor :P
“I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who had practiced one kick 10,000 times.”

Dimon
Jean-Claude Van Damme
Jean-Claude Van Damme

Postby Dimon » Thu Mar 01, 2012 21:50:55

Monitor

MidiTower Quite spacious for this price segment.
I'd swap it out with something else if you're getting a better GPU.

DVD

HDD

PSU

RAM

CPU

Motherboard

GPU's

Totalt inkl. moms 11 515,00 SEK

No mouse and keboard since I have no idea what you'd like. :p
Monitor is not very good probably, but should be fine for gaming. CNET gave it a good reveiw score, but mine got a good score there and I'm not happy about the color quality...

f1xxx3r
Ryu
Ryu

Postby f1xxx3r » Fri Mar 02, 2012 00:19:29

I would suggest getting a gpu somewhere around the lines of gtx 570/hd6970 :D it would fit in your max budged with Dim's configuration

So!.... T'all you fine dandies so proud, so cock-sure, prancin' aboot with your heads full of eyeballs! Come and get me I say! I'll be waiting on ya with a whiff of the 'ol brimstone. I'm a grim bloody fable, with an unhappy bloody end!

Dimon
Jean-Claude Van Damme
Jean-Claude Van Damme

Postby Dimon » Fri Mar 02, 2012 00:35:25

f1xxx3r wrote:I would suggest getting a gpu somewhere around the lines of gtx 570/hd6970 :D it would fit in your max budged with Dim's configuration

The two GTX 560 in SLi I already got in it should have a better price/performance ratio. :p
Only thing worth changing here is maybe an SSD and perheps a larger chassis tbh. I'm only somewhat certain the 560's will fit. Picked it mainly because it's really cheap and has more room then most mid range Midi Towers. A better CPU cooler could be an idea if you want to overclock the CPU to 4 GHz+ too.

Zen
Daniel LaRusso
Daniel LaRusso

Postby Zen » Fri Mar 02, 2012 07:49:21

4 things i would prolly change if it works :P
graphics - http://www.komplett.se/k/ki.aspx?sku=659717#extra
Monitor - http://www.komplett.se/k/ki.aspx?sku=635506
Chassi - http://www.komplett.se/k/ki.aspx?sku=605768
Ram - http://www.komplett.se/k/ki.aspx?sku=

prolly 1 extra HDD aswell but thats a later issue, since im not really in to all specs i hope these changes would fit in the MOBO :P

f1xxx3r
Ryu
Ryu

Postby f1xxx3r » Fri Mar 02, 2012 08:35:59

Dimon wrote:
f1xxx3r wrote:I would suggest getting a gpu somewhere around the lines of gtx 570/hd6970 :D it would fit in your max budged with Dim's configuration

The two GTX 560 in SLi I already got in it should have a better price/performance ratio.

Thought it was only one xD Didn't see the "'s" in GPU's :D

Next

Return to Help / Support