Banned @ 15:45, 10-03-08

Been banned or need help, server down? - post here

Duck
Cobra Kai Apprentice
Cobra Kai Apprentice

Banned @ 15:45, 10-03-08

Postby Duck » Mon Mar 10, 2008 15:58:54

Hi, today I got home, turned on my pc ready to play some CS:S, I've been playing CS:S for the past two years, taking it pretty seriously. checked my Steam Friends tab to look up where my friends where playing and I joined your server, score was 24-3 or so, some random (non AE it seemed) guy screamed and shouted about me having wh and whatnot, I was about to explain to him that you can hear "footsteps" in this game which indicate where your enemies are, but before I could finish my sentence I got the message Disconnect: Banned from server. Now, on the server where I'm an admin, admins are supposed to make demo's/get proof of someone cheating/breaking the law and post the proof with each and every ban they make, if the person banned wasn't cheating and feels he has been banned for no valid reason and actually signs up on our forums to ask about the ban, the admin who banned him has to reply WITH their proof, so here's my topic, please reply with details on my ban.

-EPG^Duck STEAM_0:1:10432558
Traveling through both space and time
(Out of body, out of mind)
Out of control
My wheels in constant motion

Razerslash
Daniel LaRusso
Daniel LaRusso

Re: Banned @ 15:45, 10-03-08

Postby Razerslash » Mon Mar 10, 2008 19:34:28

Hello Duck,

I will look into the ban and find out what they saw exactly and get back to you. Please do keep in mind that most times when somebody reports a cheater we spectate and ban when we can see officialy if they are cheating. Most of the times when the cheater realises that an admin goes into spectate that minute where he does 3 headshots in a row or a number of players complain they leave the game instantly and reconnect with a different name. Some admins just ban the player because the amount of complaints that arise.

I occasionally type status now and again and keep a record of the Steam IDs just incase anyone does try to pull a trick. I later ban them in the SB system.

Also, its not by law that we have to do a demo. Its just an insurance for us, but a cheater these days is highly noticable.
『new world』: well hes gone now..
Razerslash: thats because i kicked him
『new world』: you killed him
Razerslash: kicked
『new world』: banned?
Razerslash: kicked!

Razerslash
Daniel LaRusso
Daniel LaRusso

Postby Razerslash » Mon Mar 10, 2008 19:42:32

Ok I should of checked your Steam ID first. This is not for the DM server so I cannot help you much on that, I am not sure exactly who is in charge of that server. Sorry
『new world』: well hes gone now..
Razerslash: thats because i kicked him
『new world』: you killed him
Razerslash: kicked
『new world』: banned?
Razerslash: kicked!

RandomTask
Jason Statham
Jason Statham

Postby RandomTask » Mon Mar 10, 2008 19:43:28

somebody plays on the other server!? oh my.

Duck
Cobra Kai Apprentice
Cobra Kai Apprentice

Postby Duck » Mon Mar 10, 2008 19:55:20

Alright thanks for your time anyway Razerslash.
SourceBans came up with this:
http://sb.teamafx.net/index.php?p=banli ... 558&Submit
Seems like I got banned by "solidsnake", who is probably Snake the Boss from the Portuguese squad.
Out of control

RandomTask
Jason Statham
Jason Statham

Postby RandomTask » Mon Mar 10, 2008 20:34:39

I just spoke to solidsnake there, he seems pretty adamant you were hacking, but doesnt have a demo to prove it.

Im not sure what the policy is on disputes with no proof?

Duck
Cobra Kai Apprentice
Cobra Kai Apprentice

Postby Duck » Mon Mar 10, 2008 20:52:42

Well if I was in fact hacking I probably wouldn't have bothered coming to these forums
Out of control

Rza
Jason Statham
Jason Statham

Postby Rza » Mon Mar 10, 2008 21:05:08

Hi mate, generally I would'nt reply to these posts as they usually go along the lines of " OMG I HAVE BEEN BANNED ", but seeing as you have actually responded with a sensible post I'll make an effort.

Yes, you may have been banned unfairly or unjustified, without a demo or whatever else. Why? Well on the whole (or in the past) we'd have got someone to record a demo so their's proof, if we get a reply like this but generally its cause we have been running servers basically since the release of source, around 3 years and instead of going through the whole process of getting 100% proof its easier just to ban ppl if we have any doubt if someone is hacking or not or generally if their a mindless idiot.

It may be harsh (or Lazy) but its generally just how it goes nowadays.

However seeing as you've went to such an effort to make the post and its actually a sensible post (for once), we apologise and we can unban you if you really want us too if example you actually have the intention to play on the server in the future.

Cheers

A life, Jimmy. You know what that is? It’s the shit that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come.

Duck
Cobra Kai Apprentice
Cobra Kai Apprentice

Postby Duck » Mon Mar 10, 2008 21:55:22

Well, a friend recently started playing again (fullmetalgirl) and apparantly she used to play here, so I'll probably hop in once every few days, can't make this my primary server since I've got a server that needs some adminning, so an unban would be nice, if it's not possible I'm not gonna keep qq'ing about it either, admins decisions are final, just wanted to sort this out.
rza wrote:It may be harsh (or Lazy) but its generally just how it goes nowadays.

That's true, I noticed other admins on the server I'm admin on don't get proof for every ban they do, some people never get proof at all.
Out of control

Rza
Jason Statham
Jason Statham

Postby Rza » Mon Mar 10, 2008 22:01:08

ah yes fullmetalgirl used to be with us a long time ago, so yeah we'll get you unbanned as soon as king gets round to it, which could be like 2-3 weeks lol :P

A life, Jimmy. You know what that is? It’s the shit that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come.

Next

Return to Help / Support