Mistaken Banning?

Been banned or need help, server down? - post here

Mer Ner
Cobra Kai Apprentice
Cobra Kai Apprentice

Mistaken Banning?

Postby Mer Ner » Tue Mar 25, 2008 00:39:11

Hi guys,

Just registered here to post you this message. Today I was in the surf server, which I play on quite regularly and so I'm fully aware of the rules. However, earlier today I got banned for supposedly spawnkilling. Of course I know that spawnkilling is a big no no. I was fully aware at the time that someone named Hawk, was constantly doing it despite being told not to by admins. A few minutes later before Hank was banned, I was banned. I can tell you sincerely that I hadn't killed another player at the enemy spawn.

Anywho, I checked your ban listing site and found out it was only a temp ban for 1 hour. I'm just upset that I got banned at all :( Like I said, I play on the surf server fairly fegularly so it's really not nice to not be able to play when you want. I'd rather not be listed with other players who blatanly disobey the rules.

I know you guys police the server well, but I've noticed sometimes (I must stress this, that it doesn't happen often) you don't get a huge amount of warning if you're doing something wrong, you just a kick/ban. As I said, I was fully aware of the admins warning Hawk, but nothing was said to me. Which is why I can only assume this is a mistaken ban.

Just wanted to let you guys know.

The Fall
Hong Kong Fooey
Hong Kong Fooey

Re: Mistaken Banning?

Postby The Fall » Tue Mar 25, 2008 16:56:43

Mer Ner wrote: (I must stress this, that it doesn't happen often) you don't get a huge amount of warning if you're doing something wrong, you just a kick/ban.

Sorry but I have to correct you, but the rules are listed in the MOTD, actually admins dont need to warn ppl of spawnkilling because the rules are clearly stated. but i prefer to warn ppl before ban.

Mer Ner wrote: As I said, I was fully aware of the admins warning Hawk, but nothing was said to me. Which is why I can only assume this is a mistaken ban.

atm i cant reach the ban list so i cant check which admin it was, maybe you can tell me so i can talk to him.

to cut the story short

it was only 1 hour and no perm ban so its ok imo

Mer Ner
Cobra Kai Apprentice
Cobra Kai Apprentice

Postby Mer Ner » Tue Mar 25, 2008 20:26:00

The Fall wrote:
Mer Ner wrote: (I must stress this, that it doesn't happen often) you don't get a huge amount of warning if you're doing something wrong, you just a kick/ban.

Sorry but I have to correct you, but the rules are listed in the MOTD, actually admins dont need to warn ppl of spawnkilling because the rules are clearly stated. but i prefer to warn ppl before ban.

I realise the rules are in the MOTD, but would that not be a notification rather than warning? I digress.
Although you say admins do not need to warn players who violate the rules, surely it would be common courtesy? I mean, we play games as a social thing, to make friends. If someone has missed the rules, it would be nice to point them out before any action is taken.

The Fall wrote:
Mer Ner wrote: As I said, I was fully aware of the admins warning Hawk, but nothing was said to me. Which is why I can only assume this is a mistaken ban.

atm i cant reach the ban list so i cant check which admin it was, maybe you can tell me so i can talk to him.

to cut the story short

it was only 1 hour and no perm ban so its ok imo

Also, like I said, I'm aware it was only 1 hour, just upset that it happened for (what I believe to be) no apparent reason :( Which I must assume was an accident. I'm sure you'd be upset if you couldn't play what you wanted when you wanted to.

RandomTask
Jason Statham
Jason Statham

Postby RandomTask » Tue Mar 25, 2008 22:07:52

<3 how attached people are to the surf server ^^

Mer Ner
Cobra Kai Apprentice
Cobra Kai Apprentice

Postby Mer Ner » Tue Mar 25, 2008 22:28:40

Mer Ner <3 Surf Server

Razerslash
Daniel LaRusso
Daniel LaRusso

Postby Razerslash » Tue Mar 25, 2008 22:55:03

I got 2 admins that say you have been spawnkilling. You know the rules, if you choose not adhere to them then be prepared to face the consequences.
『new world』: well hes gone now..
Razerslash: thats because i kicked him
『new world』: you killed him
Razerslash: kicked
『new world』: banned?
Razerslash: kicked!

Mer Ner
Cobra Kai Apprentice
Cobra Kai Apprentice

Postby Mer Ner » Tue Mar 25, 2008 23:15:11

Razerslash wrote:I got 2 admins that say you have been spawnkilling. You know the rules, if you choose not adhere to them then be prepared to face the consequences.

I seriously don't know where they're getting this from unless there is another Mer Ner (which I doubt) :(

Razerslash
Daniel LaRusso
Daniel LaRusso

Postby Razerslash » Wed Mar 26, 2008 21:59:36

There are in total 3 that contain the name Mer Ner:

1.mer ner
2.-NA-Mer Ner
3.[HUCS]Mer Ner

and the most recent one playing on the server is 2.-NA-Mer Ner, any of these ring a bell?
『new world』: well hes gone now..
Razerslash: thats because i kicked him
『new world』: you killed him
Razerslash: kicked
『new world』: banned?
Razerslash: kicked!

Mer Ner
Cobra Kai Apprentice
Cobra Kai Apprentice

Postby Mer Ner » Thu Mar 27, 2008 00:03:16

Bottom 2 would be me, definitely not 1.

[HUCS]Mer Ner will have been my first time on the server (but that was months ago), when I did spawnkill (once) BEFORE I was aware of the rules.

-NA-Mer Ner got kicked the other day (not connected with the ban), but that was not for spawnkilling, it was for using a picked up weapon, and the only reason that happened was because of a bug with the Gun menu (it didn't pop up when I connected), which left me gunless (so I typed "guns" and it said my menu was active, but still nothing) and I got to the end of the map, and there was an enemy there, so I run over a weapon and shoot him. Turns out that random weapon was an auto sniper and I got kicked. This was an honest mistake, but I got instantly kicked, and explained what happened when I got back in the server :(

I have no griefs with these, I'm just upset with the ban when I did nothing wrong whatsoever :( As I said in my 1st post, I know you police the server well, hence why I know I was in the wrong the other times.

Mer Ner
Cobra Kai Apprentice
Cobra Kai Apprentice

Postby Mer Ner » Thu Mar 27, 2008 00:07:31

Sorry for the double post, but I'm not trying to make trouble at all.

I know a lot of regulars on the server as well as a few of the regular admins, I'm sure they can vouch that I'm a friendly player.

Next

Return to Help / Support