Spec: Arms

RL Name?
Jimmy

Age?

Nationality?
English

Can you speak and understand English?
Yes, i am English born and bred.

AE raids 3 times a week: Wed, Thurs, Sunday 20:30 - 23/24:00? We expect 100% Raid attendance on these nights can you make these times okay?
Yes these times should be fine.

Have you got Teamspeak3 ? We are a very sociable group and are always talking on TS3, Although not mandatory are you prepared to Talk on TS/Vent (Not Just listen)?
I don't currently have teamspeak, i have vent. I can easily download it and have no problem speaking over vent/TS.

Do you know or have any friends currently in the guild? If not do you know a player (such as an ex-GM/Officer) we could approach to enquire about you? (optional)
Not Completed By Applicant

How did you find out about us? and what do you expect from our guild?
I found out about you from Aeradin advertising in chat. I just expect to make some new mates and have fun experiencing everything ICC has to offer.

Talent Distribution (e.g. 18/0/53)?
57/14/0

Why are you this spec? Why have you Geared/Gemmed/Enchanted in a particular way? Explain?
I am currently arms as i don't have two good 2h yet. I want to spec fury as soon as i can get two good 2h axes. I have gemmed full arp as i believe this is the most efficient choice of gems for dps warriors. My enchants are standard for warriors i think.

What would your normal rotation be on a raid boss fight to gain optimal DPS / Effective Healing / Threat generation?
As i am currently arms, it would be to open with a charge, rend, mortal strike, overpower, execute and use slam as a filler. This is different for trash and varies dependant on how many mobs are present. Bladestorm is not really efficient dps unless there is about 4 mobs for example.

What guild were/are you in previously/currently? Reasons for Leaving?
I was in a small guild which consisted of my real life friends, nothing serious. It is just a social guild for us only. I decided i wanted to start raiding and so left.

Prior raiding experience? (WOLTK only)
I will be honest, i have only raided naxx 10/25 when it was decent and more recently just ICC 10. but i do have my head screwed on and i read up on tactics so it shouldnt be a problem. I have no issues with doing as im told or being corrected on a mistake i may make.

We encourage members to actively use the forums, are you happy to do so?
Of course.

Post a link to a screenshot of your UI? (Optional)

Post a link to any previous WoL Raid Reports of DPS/HPS? (Optional)
I don't have one sorry.

Any Final Words? (Your chance to to tell us a bit about you)
There isn't much to tell, i am unemployed at the moment so i am unfortunately quite active :D I have a good sense of humour and can take a joke. I enjoy good banter and good music. Other than that i don't know what to say :D

WoW Armory Link: Pepe

Pepe
Cobra Kai Apprentice
Cobra Kai Apprentice

Re: Pepe - Warrior - Arms

Postby Pepe » Fri Mar 19, 2010 17:06:27

i can't edit the post to add this in as i have already edited it once so i will just put the screen shot of my UI here http://i39.tinypic.com/25qzp8p.jpg

Zen
Daniel LaRusso
Daniel LaRusso

Postby Zen » Fri Mar 19, 2010 21:01:30

App looks good and so goes spec, gemming and enchants. But your gear is abit behind our current progress tbh, I would say gear up abit more and reapply after that.

Its a decline from me atleast.
“I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who had practiced one kick 10,000 times.”

B00rz
Jean-Claude Van Damme
Jean-Claude Van Damme

Postby B00rz » Sat Mar 20, 2010 02:59:35

Tbh, I see nothing wrong with his gear, it is mostly 245 gear with a few lower lvled bits. I don't remember anyone else in the guild going into ICC with anything higher that 245 gear and our current progression is fine for his gear is not exactly like we are running ICC25 heroic where we are needing people to be in full 264 gear. I myself am still using a 226 trinket i was mostly in a mix of 226 and 245 gear when i entered ICC.

With us a DPS warrior down i dont see the harm in him joining, he is over 18 and as you said his spec, gems and enchants are fine so he must know what he is doing and the quickest way for him to get geared is to do ICC with us as a guild. As it stands now most of the plate DPS that drops in ICC for us is getting disenchanted and is just going to waste.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews]

Dimon
Jean-Claude Van Damme
Jean-Claude Van Damme

Postby Dimon » Sat Mar 20, 2010 04:41:56

I think I had 2 set bonuses from T7 and T8 when we walked into ICC10. Now I'm 10th in the guild on wow-heroes. Getting gear to get into our top 25 by just pugging will be pretty hard imho. So while I do agree in principle that he should not join because he's really behind on gear. I do agree more with Boorz on this one. Also with the added 5% buff he should theoretically be good enough anyways. :p

And with the rest of the raid having the same buff we should already more then compensate for his lack of gear. So give him a trial tbh.

King
Jean-Claude Van Damme
Jean-Claude Van Damme

Postby King » Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:24:22

That was pretty much what i was aiming for when i spoke to him yesterday. I did say gear was a bit lower than ideal but we don't recruit purely on gear. And as you said his theory on enchants and gems etc is fine.

With us just losing 1 warrior i thought we could do with a replacement ^^, and he's English so all the better =P

My vote is for a trial also. (this is exactly the sort of situation trials are for =P)
Teamafx.net Server Administrator

Pepe
Cobra Kai Apprentice
Cobra Kai Apprentice

Postby Pepe » Sat Mar 20, 2010 14:37:40

Thanks for the replys, i knew my gear was lacking but just thought i would apply anyway. I can assure you however that i know what i am doing in terms of the technical side of the game. The gear will come in time. I wouldn't want you to feel like you were boosting me though. So, of course, it is up to you.

Rza
Jason Statham
Jason Statham

Postby Rza » Sat Mar 20, 2010 17:55:06

I agree with saphi am afraid on this one.

The guy is sitting in a mix of 213/226/232/245/251/264. Yes Boorz your right some lower ilevel - as a tank (or healer in some repsects) - are still pretty good because of their stat allocation (normally trinkets) but as dps class you cant get away with it, especially not as DPS warrior, his gear is not anywhere near good enough for ICC25 progress runs, which ultimately what we need atm.

Being from the UK is a plus, plus your app is pretty decent (looks like you have some potential) but until your gear improves drastically I wouldn't be throwing invites your way unless we were short on numbers.

A life, Jimmy. You know what that is? It’s the shit that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come.

Pepe
Cobra Kai Apprentice
Cobra Kai Apprentice

Postby Pepe » Sat Mar 20, 2010 18:28:45

Ok i understand. So it is a no then or do other people still need to review my app?

Dimon
Jean-Claude Van Damme
Jean-Claude Van Damme

Postby Dimon » Sat Mar 20, 2010 21:13:13

Warrior CL and another officer says no. So no it is
Hope you'll reapply after some upgrades mate!

Next

Return to Accepted Applications