Rza
Jason Statham
Jason Statham

Re: New Computer

Postby Rza » Mon Jun 10, 2013 13:20:32

I now am gonna be getting a new system.

Most likely from scan 3xs too.
http://3xs.scan.co.uk/Category.asp?Syst ... egoryID=20

Selection above. Anything stick out? I know it might be pricer than building myself but i want it prebuilt and not have to worry about anything. OC and that cybersystems didnt do a particularly good job in the past so scan it is....

Whats your recommendations these days? Budget will prob be around £1.2k tops assuming i need a gfx card. I rma'd my gfx card so may not even need that included.

Is the new haswell stuff worth it? How do the amd cpus compare?
Recommendations of gfx card too.
I5 or i7?

A life, Jimmy. You know what that is? It’s the shit that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come.

f1xxx3r
Ryu
Ryu

Postby f1xxx3r » Mon Jun 10, 2013 13:36:03

Why are you getting a new computer ? 0o

On topic: Don't know about the new cpus. The SB ones: i7 wasn't really used in gaming and the i5 was about the same thing unless you do video encoding etc.
Your "bottleneck" is the GPU and you don't really need a new system IMO. Get a kickass gpu and your i7 will be more than enough without pulling it down.
And again, why are you considering getting a new computer ? :)

So!.... T'all you fine dandies so proud, so cock-sure, prancin' aboot with your heads full of eyeballs! Come and get me I say! I'll be waiting on ya with a whiff of the 'ol brimstone. I'm a grim bloody fable, with an unhappy bloody end!

Rza
Jason Statham
Jason Statham

Postby Rza » Mon Jun 10, 2013 13:44:10

Well ill be atealing parts out my old pc ofc. I want a new case etc too. You can configure what parts you want on the site

A life, Jimmy. You know what that is? It’s the shit that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come.

f1xxx3r
Ryu
Ryu

Postby f1xxx3r » Mon Jun 10, 2013 13:54:38

Am just gonna stick with GPUS:
Personally I would go for an radeon 7970 but if you're a nvidia guy and have more $$$ in the pocket then you have the (new) 780 as an alternative.
Benchmarks here: http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/geforce-g ... 32694.html (the 7970 is also included there).
Check the FPS difference and see if it's worth the $$$$ difference.

So!.... T'all you fine dandies so proud, so cock-sure, prancin' aboot with your heads full of eyeballs! Come and get me I say! I'll be waiting on ya with a whiff of the 'ol brimstone. I'm a grim bloody fable, with an unhappy bloody end!

Rza
Jason Statham
Jason Statham

Postby Rza » Mon Jun 10, 2013 14:37:52

In a nutshell:

I dislike my pc, its too big and bulky, its too noisy and all the case fans etc inside it ethier dont work or fallen off. I could strip it all down and buy a new case and reinstall all the parts and upgrade what I want - which is the majority of parts.

Am not an expert on computers, especially when it comes to starting from scratch on a new build which is essentially what it would be. i can do the basics of installing hardrives and pci hardware thats about it.

For me the ideal sceneario is to never have to open the case. I dont have the patience or knowlegde to figure out what up with what if something goes wrong.

Hence why in sorts am getting a new pc but its really just for build quality from a professional company. I wont be getting like a new soundcard, potentially no new gfx card, storage HDDs, blueray drive etc. all of which can be configure not to be included on the site.

Zen
Daniel LaRusso
Daniel LaRusso

Postby Zen » Mon Jun 10, 2013 14:38:14

Im using the i7 and it works like a charm, no ssd yet tho :P and for gfx card i got the radeon 6970 wich havent failed me so far, not to pricy either when i got it :P
“I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who had practiced one kick 10,000 times.”

f1xxx3r
Ryu
Ryu

Postby f1xxx3r » Mon Jun 10, 2013 16:34:18

Rza wrote:In a nutshell:

I dislike my pc, its too big and bulky, its too noisy and all the case fans etc inside it ethier dont work or fallen off. I could strip it all down and buy a new case and reinstall all the parts and upgrade what I want - which is the majority of parts.

Am not an expert on computers, especially when it comes to starting from scratch on a new build which is essentially what it would be. i can do the basics of installing hardrives and pci hardware thats about it.

For me the ideal sceneario is to never have to open the case. I dont have the patience or knowlegde to figure out what up with what if something goes wrong.

Hence why in sorts am getting a new pc but its really just for build quality from a professional company. I wont be getting like a new soundcard, potentially no new gfx card, storage HDDs, blueray drive etc. all of which can be configure not to be included on the site.

Well the bulkiness can't be fixed but the sound can be improved by changing the RPM's of the fans (and buying new ones ofc).
When upgrading a gaming pc (since that's the most it's being used for and what's loading it the most) the best upgrade you would get in your configuration would be a new gpu. Not that the 580 is outdated but it would benefit you the most and it would probably have the largest impact. Like I said, i7 Sandy Bridge is nowhere near outdated. Rest of the guys can say their opinion as well as to what would be the best route you should take.

What are you doing to the old parts ? Especially the case ?

Rza
Jason Statham
Jason Statham

Postby Rza » Mon Jun 10, 2013 17:27:53

I see what your saying but my mind is definately set in that am getting shot of the case. Making the pc more accoustically sound proof falls under I dunno wtf am doing. The irony of it is when I bought this pc it was meant to be sound proofed. The smaller fans and the rpm slider did break to be fair and there wasent too many issues from what I can remeber. Perhaps the lack of extra fans is the cause of the noise increase.

I might just go for a new gpu too if you believe its worth it. Id sell my rma'd card if they deem it faulty and send me a new one.

The remaining items would just be kept as a backup pc tbh.

Appreciate it mate. Cheers.
Ill look into more when i get home.

King
Jean-Claude Van Damme
Jean-Claude Van Damme

Postby King » Mon Jun 10, 2013 19:13:02

easiest way to make something quieter is use bigger fans. =D
Teamafx.net Server Administrator

Dimon
Jean-Claude Van Damme
Jean-Claude Van Damme

Postby Dimon » Mon Jun 10, 2013 19:22:31

Or aim for lower TDP. It's not like you need top of the line CPU/GPU for the three games you play?

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat