Garrosh Hellscream 10 Man Down!

Public News Announcements

Rza
Jason Statham
Jason Statham

Garrosh Hellscream 10 Man Down!

Postby Rza » Mon Nov 04, 2013 23:22:18

SoO Cleared on 10 man normal with Garrosh Hellscream dieing tonight. GJ all! Onwards and upwards to Heroics! If the screenshot looks pale or faded then buy a better monitor! http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/8izecomhm5borsxg/

A life, Jimmy. You know what that is? It’s the shit that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come.

B00rz
Jean-Claude Van Damme
Jean-Claude Van Damme

Re: Garrosh Hellscream 10 Man Down!

Postby B00rz » Mon Nov 04, 2013 23:26:47

It was all thanks to me!

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews]

Jupsik
Steven Seagal
Steven Seagal

Postby Jupsik » Mon Nov 04, 2013 23:38:03

I LOOOOVE the placement of the afk logo.

*edit*

If you look carefully then we also downed cho'gal.

Boorz! i demand a new sig :D
Request granted!

Dimon
Jean-Claude Van Damme
Jean-Claude Van Damme

Postby Dimon » Tue Nov 05, 2013 00:03:08

Yes we did! Image

Rza
Jason Statham
Jason Statham

Postby Rza » Wed Nov 06, 2013 09:33:11

Just to add a few things to this, that I should have put in the original post. It was a messy kill in parts but a satisfying one in the manner we done it.

Bob - GJ on the clutch Yogi Bear mode with tanking the big add when Boorz died. We could have been there another 2 hours or so if it wasn't for that.

Boorz - You pretty much solo tanked it, so hope this puts any dounts over prot pala's to bed. Some heroic encounters I think you'll see they shine even more.

Jupsik - As always the help is greatly appreciated with the time and effort you put in to find any small detail or crack that will helped us get the kill faster.

Fops/Fxr - Considering your net/lag issues you got us through in what I imagine is quite a stressful fight to heal. GJ

A life, Jimmy. You know what that is? It’s the shit that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come.

B00rz
Jean-Claude Van Damme
Jean-Claude Van Damme

Postby B00rz » Wed Nov 06, 2013 15:29:32

I know what you are saying Rza but in order to get to the point I am at I've had to get nearly full BiS gear, on the same day that I had had enough I managed to get 2 more pieces to the 1 piece I already had. Its been 3 weeks since then I've had a lucky streak of getting gear that I need and thanks to the legs I got off Garrosh I only need 4 more pieces which is bracers, a ring, shield and a neck which atm I have the Flex versions of what I need cept the shield which I randomly got from spoils.

The problem still stems from the fact that I'm not wearing any traditional tanking gear apart from the trinkets and my tier set which if it wasn't for the bonus I get from the set it would be more beneficial to use the Ret tier set.

The nerfs as a whole in the patch have severely damaged the spec they were from the top of my head:-
The nerf to the healing seal
The nerf to the healing glyph (which i will admit was overpowered)
The nerf to the avengers shields procs (which removed the part where I would get procs from doing damage to just getting it from dodge and parry)
The nerf to the alabaster shield
The nerf to vengeance for all tanks

The healing on the seal was reduced which means I'm no longer healing myself as much which means I will take larger spikey damage and will be doing less threat.
The healing glyph although was overpowered to hell has been so nerfed that it isn't even worth using again, using that glyph also helped loads with threat just due to the little heals it was pushing out to all raid members within 20 yards
For Avenger shield the nerf to the proc was pretty big, they increased it to 30% but for only dodge and parry (used to have crusader strike and hammer before) but with having little dodge and parry this patch the proc hardly goes off. The proc for avenger shield resets the cooldown and allows it create holy power.
I cant actually remember what the glyph of alabaster shield actually does at the moment! I know it was nerfed from 30% to 10% I'm sure it has something to do with how much damage my block can absorb or something to do with the damage my shield of righteousness does, either way it was another nerf that wasnt really needed and again was put in there to try and force paladins into tanking gear that doesn't really benefit as the whole point of the spec is building holy power which is best done through haste.
I don't need to add much to the vengeance nerf other than most classes that this affected were buffed in some other way to compensate even it if it was minor but i suppose this if you look at it another way might be a buff as I'm not using traditional tanking gear therefore I'm taking more damage and building more vengeance!

Most of the above was designed to force paladins into tanking gear and not going haste builds, I think there is even a blue post somewhere that says that is the reason for the changes. All the nerfs served to do was just make us more reliant on haste, the haste was there for reducing cooldowns on moves and increasing holy power production which in turn lets us spam shield of righteousness more and getting the 3 second buff for damage reduction (which stacks by the way which is why you need to be using it as much as possible). If they had given us something like what the warriors have where dodge/parry=haste then it would have been fine I would have stuck on a load of tanking gear and not had a problem with any of the changes but as I see it there isn't any give for what was taken, in the last patch the only real thing that made us stupidly over powered was that healing glyph and that was nerfed to ground along with anything that was associated with it.

Bit of a rant for the news post but I am right in saying that I shouldn't have to run an entire raid and have nearly full BiS for my paladin to be back to where it was at the start of last patch. At this point I should be completely OP and not be having problems with anything except heroic progression and if it wasn't for the nice deal warriors got this patch the excellent healing from Fops and Fxr I doubt we would have gotten as far as we have this raid due to the fact that I always end up taking twice the damage as what Rza does due to lack of proper tanking stats.

Half of this post probably doesn't make sense cause I suck at typing and thinking at the same time =P

Rza
Jason Statham
Jason Statham

Postby Rza » Thu Nov 07, 2013 09:48:24

This is what we were essentially saying to you at the time why prot pala's are not bad, just this is in a lot more detail and helps me understand it more. So thanks.

Nerf's to bring pala's in ToT to the same level as other tanks in SoO (Monks got it too) + Gear issues + sympathy that you require specific stats due to blizzards odd/poor itemisation for prot pala's. There was never a point were we struggled due to tank damage taken. perhaps fops/fxr can clarify further if they had issues.

As jupsik pointed out you have a better avoidence/mitgation percentage than me on his sims. Probably not then, but now definately.

fops
Ryu
Ryu

Postby fops » Fri Nov 08, 2013 17:21:06

Fops: Tell me you took the screenshot while my wings were still up!
Rza: Yes, I did, no worries!

Now I see. Nothing to worry about indeed. But with all the water pouring all over you, it's understandable.
Real eyes realize real lies

B00rz
Jean-Claude Van Damme
Jean-Claude Van Damme

Postby B00rz » Fri Nov 08, 2013 23:07:22

he ded

Rza
Jason Statham
Jason Statham

Postby Rza » Sat Nov 09, 2013 02:01:45

fops wrote:Fops: Tell me you took the screenshot while my wings were still up!
Rza: Yes, I did, no worries!

Now I see. Nothing to worry about indeed. But with all the water pouring all over you, it's understandable.

Haha, Up yours!

Your character is like exactly in the right spot where I always put the logo so I couldn't resist it after the fuss you made about your wings being up!

Next

Return to News