Cryptic - Hunter - Any spec

Click here to request to join the aftereffect WoW Guild
Forum rules
Recruitment open. Click the link on the homepage to apply!

Cryptic
Cobra Kai Apprentice
Cobra Kai Apprentice

Cryptic - Hunter - Any spec

Postby Cryptic » Thu Feb 27, 2014 17:38:08

Well hello there!

A bit about myself

This is Cryptic, born in 1988, Currently working at a bank, obtained my MBA certificate last year. At the moment i live in Lebanon.
I play wow almost everyday for about 4-5 Hours, unless its a raiding night of course. I have been playing wow for over 3 years now, first two were on and off, last year and so was serious semi-core raiding.

Current progress

My progress with arise is 4/16 in MOP, 2 bosses first night of release, second two the next day. But then i had to travel and stop playing for quiet a while, although i have been back for around 2 months now. Looking for a raiding guild as you can tell.

Which raid group or groups you are applying to
First couple of guilds i thought of were aphorism and operation eskimo, due to their high reputation, although there are currently talks with Flat Eart Society and Boctok, but they're just talks, my highest priority is aphorism at the moment, again, for its high reputation and was also recommended by a good IRL friend of mine who used to raid with aphorism about 2 years ago, i am not sure if anyone recalls his name, Xoriah.

Armory Link

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... c/advanced
Regarding the specs, They are both active and ready to be used at any occasion, im usually BM on single targets, Survival on trash and multiple targetted bosses.

A screenshot of my raiding UI

http://oi47.tinypic.com/2a7ww0y.jpg
I use the following addons:
- DBM,
- Sexycooldowns,
- Bartender,
- Ecastbar,
- Js' Hunter,
- Spell Flash,
- Bagnon,

A link to a recent combat report

Unfortunatly, this is one of my biggest deceptions, I do not have any world of logs recrods, All my records were gone with my previous guild ( Lost In Azeroth ) when they transfered realms, wiped and deleted all records, which lead me to be naked regarding the records, ( raided with LIA for about 8 months ).

An overview of my past endgame raiding experience

As i said, Back in TBC and WOTLK i wasnt an active raider, just casual raiding and nothing really impressive to talk about, except for the experience that i gained of course, my serious raiding life started a year ago, with Scrotie Mcboogerballs and later on with Lost in Azeroth. Lost In Azeroth opened alot of doors for me, got me into the raiding life at its best, i was heavily taken care of by Sakutaro, Long time #1 hunter on realm, i think ever since WOTLK and he has been #1 on realm, along with my personal will, trainings and experience, where the dummys and dungeons became my best friends, until i was able to match Sakutaro's pace and sometimes outdps him, that was a huge shock for everyone in guild and everyone i know, everything started then, I was on the main group sometimes even replacing sakutaro if another class was needed, and around the last couple of months with LIA guild, i was named Mr. Perfect, cause in my worst dps days, i never fail to do my job, whether it was related to positionning, killing adds or adapting to debuffs and such.

List of my alts

Ok well here we go:
Criptyc: Level 85 Blood DK, tanked 7/8 DS Heroic at 10% nerf with it, it's a class that i loved and played superbly well, learned the cd "rotation" and timings for each fight. It's one of my favourite alts
Pytta : Level 85 Disc/Shadow priest, Healed 6/8 Heroic at 20% nerf, and DPS'ed 7/8 Heroic also 20%, A good class in general, both of my specs were strong ( 401 Disc/403 Shadow ).
Kript : Level 85 Resto druid, did alot of pugs with this char, healed 6/8 Heroic at 15% nerf, although i didn't like the class so much, it's amazing, i just didnt see myself in it.
Rest of the alts are nothing important to mention.
Why did i leave my previous guild
Well, killed 4/16 with arise, first 2 nights of the release, a pretty good guild, very potentional, very promissing and i liked it there, but the guild leader was a bit exagerating and over rated, not raiding wise, like for example i got Dc'ed for about 5mins, although i was on vent, he gave me hard times for that, and refused to let it go till the next night. I'm here to raid, do progress and have fun, not here to be dissed nor disrespected.

Extra information and achievements

- At the beginning of the 15% nerf, i was ranked 2nd hunter on sunstrider ( behind Sakutaro of course ) ( Here's the picture, sorry it was taken by my phone, but i wasn't at home and was in some kind of a rush, so i took a picture of it ).
http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/9406/rankingue.jpg

- Ranked #1 Hunter DPS on ultraxion normal, 0% nerf, But lucky me, logs are gone.
- Solo'ed Unsleeping from 5% on heroic mode with 1 healer alive. ( 5% nerf ).
Should you require any further information, ill be more then happy to clarify.
Thank you in advance for the time you're gonna take to read this.

-Cryptic-

Dimon
Jean-Claude Van Damme
Jean-Claude Van Damme

Re: Cryptic - Hunter - Any spec

Postby Dimon » Thu Feb 27, 2014 18:43:43

This late in the game I will only support people with Chapter III: Two Princes as the absolute minimum. You've yet to start the quest line as far as I can tell. :ugeek:

Cryptic
Cobra Kai Apprentice
Cobra Kai Apprentice

Postby Cryptic » Thu Feb 27, 2014 20:19:47

Absolutely true, but i heard you guys were recruiting for 6.0, so I thought what you actually look for is experience, class knowledge and "Wow IQ" not a chain quest. I do understand your position and where your reply comes from, but I also would like you to understand that if a person goes for a little while that does not make him less than others nor eliminates all the achievements he has accomplished, I have raided with 3 of the top 5 guilds in Sunstrider, I had my numbers right up there in a nerfed class, and guild had realm first spine HC, not
Gonna name all my achievements, but to be defined or not supported because i missed some chain quests or Havent been active in a single patch is unfair. Only my opinion, but you certainly should dig deeper than that, my opinion again. Your reply was appreciated and respected, but I wish you have given me critics about myself, specs, lack of achies, lack of raid abilities,.. Rather than a quest that i havent completed. Thank you again for your time sir.

Microchaton
Kung-Fu Panda
Kung-Fu Panda

Postby Microchaton » Thu Feb 27, 2014 20:52:52

Raidbots registered every log from Cataclysm to now, on what server was the #1 dps, I'm not finding it on your character on Sunstrider (only one MoP kill). For example, this is my shaman who raided a bit during 4.0 http://www.raidbots.com/epeenbot/eu/illidan/poukinou

Recruitement for WoD is indeed opened, and if you apply only for WoD the legendary quest is indeed somewhat irrelevant. I'm not sure how you can play for 4-5 hours a day without having worked on the quest at all though, if you raid at all it progresses by itself.

From what I gather you don't intend to raid before WoD anyway, and I don't see any boss down on your character in MoP ? The only patch where you raided actively was Dragon Soul (and bits of Fireland in normal mode), correct ? How come you haven't done anything since (and before) and how do we know you'll be motivated for the long run ?

Your answer to Dim seems very...defensive ? You didn't precise in your post (unless I missed it) that you applied only for WoD, which is why Dim was a bit surprised that your character was basically a fresh 90 with no SOO (or MoP really) experience at all.

Cryptic
Cobra Kai Apprentice
Cobra Kai Apprentice

Postby Cryptic » Thu Feb 27, 2014 21:23:11

Thank you for actually taking the time to know more about me, That is what I always expect when I apply to something, so I appreciate it.
Well I honesly don't know about the logs,

What Is This?
At the most basic level, the DPS Bot attempts to determine and display how various World of Warcraft classes and specs compare against each other. It does this by crunching data from World of Logs.

It is taken from world of Logs and guild deleted their records, I did it on Ultraxion, in Sunstrider-EU in Lost in Azeroth guild, I wasn't even aware of it, one of the guys who regurly check the logs and uploads them told me i was on the front page as top DPS as hunter. Although i was able to find records on that page on my DK ( Blood ) http://raidbots.com/epeenbot/eu/sunstrider/criptyc/ and Kript ( Resto druid ) http://raidbots.com/epeenbot/eu/sunstrider/kript/ , also healed 6/8 hc DS on my priest http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... tta/simple

I haven't worked on the quests because as I have mentionned in the Application, I was forced to travel for some time, couldn't really play WoW at all, now that I am settled with more free time under my belt, I can play more often. That is why I was not active this patch, and switched servers because Sunstrider is completely dead, and I came here don't know a lot of people so yeah, need a place to call home and start again. I know it will not be easy, but i rely on my experience to get me through.

I don't intend to raid before WoD true, not because i don't have time nor that I can't handle the challenge, but I haven't been on my hunter much and I need a couple of months to re-master it, I never went into a raid with a class that i haven't mastered, or else i wouldn't go, especially my hunter, where i masterized the rotation from A to Z and able to squeeze every bit of dps Blizzard has offered in that class, so if i want to come back, i want to come back strong, or not at all.

Apologies to Dim if my response was a bit defensive, but as I already mentionned, i expect you guys to want to know more about me, and not judge me for a missed quest, since i have mentionned that i have been away for a while.

I am an honest person, What I have to offer as of now? Probably nothing and I will not be an upgrade over any of your current players. But I know myself, someone who masterizes and knows his classes well ( hunter/priest/blood dk ), but with a bit of time, I will be back to my true form, with the raiding experience that I have, on the long run, i will, slowly, become an asset for the guild; I adapt well to the environement, I never fail, Always on my assignements, and focus never fails me.

Thank you again for your time gentlemen, looking forward for your reply.

Dimon
Jean-Claude Van Damme
Jean-Claude Van Damme

Postby Dimon » Thu Feb 27, 2014 22:21:19

The fact that we're your 2'nd choice at best and 5'th at worst is slightly off putting, but on the other hand I do appreciate the honesty. If you don't get accepted into Ahporism I don't mind letting you join for the purpose of WOD raiding.

Cryptic
Cobra Kai Apprentice
Cobra Kai Apprentice

Postby Cryptic » Thu Feb 27, 2014 23:19:39

Regards for your appreciation Dim,

No priorities at the moment to be very honest with you, I just want a good, fun, semi-serious, joyful, good environment guild. If this is the right place, then i'd be more than glad to be part of your community, incase you guys approve my app of course.

khanador
Cobra Kai Sensei
Cobra Kai Sensei

Postby khanador » Fri Feb 28, 2014 09:00:09

I'm not quite sure about the good enviroment and semi-seriousity of AFX...
We already have people with health issues... casualties... not that long time ago Stormy lost an eye... now me...

Are you prepared?

B00rz
Jean-Claude Van Damme
Jean-Claude Van Damme

Postby B00rz » Fri Feb 28, 2014 09:27:44

you guys have to stop insulting your stair's mama!

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews]

Microchaton
Kung-Fu Panda
Kung-Fu Panda

Postby Microchaton » Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:32:50

We're going to be a pirate guild soon.

Next

Return to Request To Join AfterEffect.WoW